Weather, cheap gas, a play an Easter egg hunt and baseball highlight today's "Five Things to Know."
1. Weather: Per the National Weather Service, the thunderstorms overnight should be gone by dawn, leaving a beautiful, sun-splashed day. A high of 81 is expected with winds in the teens. Temperature should dip to 62 tonight.
2. Cheap gas: For the first time all week, per GasBuddy.com, Sam's Club leads the pack for having the cheapest gas in Clearwater. As of Thursday afternoon, a gallon of regular unleaded is $3.82, unchanged all week at its 2575 Gulf-to-Bay Blvd. location.
3. Play ball! It's Opening Day for baseball fans in Clearwater. At 3 p.m., the defending American League East champs, the Tampa Bay Rays, open the season at Tropicana Field hosting the New York Yankees. The hardcore baseball fans will quickly race to Bright House Field after that game as the Clearwater Threshers host the Dunedin Blue Jays at 6:30 p.m. to open their home 2012 schedule.
4. South Pacific: Ruth Eckerd Hall is the site for the 2008 Tony Award-winning Lincoln Center production of The play centers around a couple in the South Pacific surrounded by the horrors of World War II. Curtain rises at 2 p.m. Tickets are $50 each.
5. Easter Egg Hunt: The City of Clearwater hosts an at Mandalay Park, 532 Mandalay Ave. The hunt begins at 6 p.m. and adults as well as youngsters are encouraged to attend this free event. For information call (727) 462-6138.