We'd like to give a "Patch on the back" to our local Chick-fil-A restaurants, which donated $2,776.37 to the Ireland Nugent fund.
Ireland Nugent is the Palm Harbor 2-year-old whose ankles were severed in a lawn mower accident at her home last month. She was recently released from the hospital.
Numerous Chick-fil-A restaurants in Pinellas and Pasco counties participated in the fundraiser on May 8. Customers who dined at the restaurants wrote "Ireland" on the back of their receipts and a portion of the sales were donated to a fund for Ireland.
The fundraiser was the brainchild of Kelli Snow, who is the marketing director at the Palm Harbor Chick-fil-A.
Ireland and her family stopped by the Palm Harbor Chick-fil-A to eat on the evening of the fundraiser.
The Palm Harbor Chik-fil-A is located at 32800 U.S. 19.
Here's how you can help Ireland Nugent
- Anyone can make an online donate using PayPal on the church's website. Donations will go toward the long term treatment and recovery of Ireland and her family.
- If you prefer to mail a check- Make it out to: Trinity Presbyterian Foundation (with Ireland Nugent in the memo field) Mail it to: Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2001 Rainbow Drive, Clearwater, FL 33765
Pinellas Federal Credit Union "Ireland Nugent Fund"
- Visit any Pinellas Federal Credit Union to contribute to the fund. See website for locations.
- Make checks payable to: Pinellas Federal Credit Union with Ireland Nugent Fund (in memo field). You can also mail a check to: Pinellas Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 2300, Largo, FL 33779-2300
- The Ireland Nugent Support Page
- Outpouring of Support for Family of Toddler Run Over by Lawn Mower
- Lawn Mower Accident: Toddler's Final Surgery Called a Success
- Lawn Mower Accident: More Surgery for Toddler This Weekend
- Golf Tournament to Benefit 50 Legs Prosthetics Charity
- Facebook Page Chronicles Recovery of Toddler Injured in Lawn Mower Accident
Sign up for the free Clearwater Patch email newsletter to stay connected to your community.