Get active this Sunday morning at the .
The course begins with a 1/3-mile open water swim in the Gulf of Mexico at . From there, the 13-mile bike route crosses Sand Key Causeway, goes through Clearwater Beach, over the Memorial Causeway, through downtown Clearwater and Belleair, to the Belleair Beach Causeway. Runners will complete the race with a 3.1-mile run through Sand Key Park.
The event will benefit the not-for-profit hospitals of Morton Plant Mease Health Care and help fund new pediatric equipment for its emergency rooms.
If you are going, feel free to send photos in to share with other readers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are five things to know about the event:
1) When: 6:50 a.m. Sunday, June 24
2) Cost: $100 ()
3) Registration: Registration capacity is 1,000 entries. Entry fees are non-refundable. Registration closed at midnight June 21 and will continue based on availability through June 23.
4) Parking: Sand Key Park recently installed pay stations with a daily parking fee of $5. Cash or credit card are accepted. Sand Key Park will close when parking capacity has been met or at 6:30 a.m., whichever comes first. Carpooling is suggested.
5) Event street closures: The following roads will be closed from 5:30-11 a.m.
- Druid Road South (Druid Road to Belleview Boulevard)
- Gulf Boulevard (Bayway Boulevard to Belleair Beach city line)
- Hamden Drive (Coronado Drive to Gulfview Boulevard)
- Orange Avenue (Turner Street to Druid Road West)
- Palm Avenue (Memorial Causeway to Turner Street)
- Turner Street (Palm Avenue to Orange Avenue)