If you like hockey, it might be fun to go to Tampa on Sunday, Jan. 13 for the Tampa Bay Lightning's Fan Fest.
The Tampa Bay Lightning welcome fans back to the Tampa Bay Times Forum with Fan Fest, pending ratification of the tentative collective bargaining agreement recently agreed upon by the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players Association, as the team prepares to open its landmark 20th NHL season.
The 2013 Lightning Fan Fest is free and is open to the public.
Here's what to know if you go:
- Doors open at 9 a.m.
- Fans should park in either the Forum East or Forum West lots and enter through the main entrance.
- Lightning players will sign autographs for fans from 10-11 a.m.
- Coach Guy Boucher will lead the first practice of the season from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
- Between the autograph session and practice there will be commentary provided by Bolts management, coaches and broadcasters.
- ThunderBug and the Lightning Girls will also be on hand.
- Season Ticket Members will receive a free parking and autograph opportunities on the Club Level.
In addition to meeting the team and watching the first practice of the season,
those in attendance will have the first opportunity to purchase single-game
tickets. They will receive 50 percent off select Lightning merchandise at
open merchandise stores throughout the event and have access to food and drink specials. There will also be enter-to-win contests throughout the event.
The Lightning also host a 20th Anniversary Warehouse Sale with game-used equipment to benefit community hockey. Those in attendance will get their first look at the Forum's new $5 million center-hung scoreboard, the largest in an arena in the United States or Canada, in action. There will also be a kids' zone where ThunderBug will be taking photos with members of his Kids Club (free to sign up).