Crews are putting the finishing touches on a 9/11 Memorial which features a steel beam from the World Trade Center in time to be unveiled at the North Pinellas 2012 September 11th Memorial Ceremony Tuesday.
The dedication ceremony starts at 10 a.m. at Curlew Hills Memory Gardens.
This week, landscapers were working on the area surrounding the memorial, which encases a 150 pound piece of steel beam that the Palm Harbor Fire Department acquired through the New York Port Authority, WTC Tower remnants.
Each tower weighs 4,000 pounds and is made from solid granite.
The public is invited to attend.
The ceremony includes:
- Media Personality Jack Harris as the Master of Ceremonies
- Guest speaker, FDNY Battalion Chief Michael Gala Jr.
- Appearances by the Palm Harbor and East Lake Fire Rescue Honor Guards
- A fly over by the United States Coast Guard
- National Anthem sung by the Ozona Elementary School Choir
- Amazing Grace performed by the City of Dunedin Pipe Band
- Benediction by Dr. Aaron Walp, Clearwater Fire Rescue Chaplain
Curlew Hills Memory Gardens is located at 1750 Curlew Road. 727-789-2000.