Clearwater firefighters plan to remember the September 11 terrorist attacks with flashing lights and a moment of silence Tuesday morning.
The public is invited to also attend the moment of silence starting at 9:50 a.m. at Fire Station 45, 610 Franklin St.
Clearwater Fire and Rescue will get the lights activated on fire equipment before pausing for a moment of silence outside each Clearwater Fire Station in honor of the 343 firefighters and nearly 3,000 others who died Sept. 11, 2001.
Here is the moment of silence timeline:
- 9:50 a.m. - Firefighters bring equipment out of the stations with lights activated.
- 9:57 a.m. - Firefighters stand at attention.
- 9:58 a.m. - The moment of silence is announced over the radio.
While the moment of silence will be observed at all firestations here are a couple suggestions of where to watch:
- Downtown at Fire Station 45, 610 Franklin St.
- Clearwater's Fire Training Facility, 1700 N Belcher Road. This is where a steel beam thought to be from the North Tower is on permanent display.