Residents in the Skycrest neighborhood are disturbed and scared in the wake of the second stabbing within a year near Crest Lake Park.
Here are some comments from Patch readers regarding safety in the Skycrest neighborhood and at Crest Lake Park:
Michael D.: "Closing it isn't the issue, but more lighting would be a vast improvement. Even with the current lighting it is extremely dark at night. I like the park, but won't go there after sunset."
Christine Petellat: "I remember this park has had nothing but tragedy after tragedy since as far back as the 70's. That's just my memory so probably even more. Maybe it's time for a serious face lift with lots of lighting. Or CLOSE it!!!"
What's your take? Do you have safety concerns about Crest Lake Park? Share your opinion by posting in the comments section below and join the conversation.
- Stabbing Sparks Question of Safety at Crest Lake Park
- Parents, Coworkers Remember Stabbing Victim Jason Paul
- Skycrest Neighborhood Shaken in Wake of Stabbing
- Clearwater Police Search for Clues in Crest Lake Park Stabbing
- Clearwater Police Investigate Homicide Near Crest Lake Park
- Clearwater Police Ask Public for Help to Solve Homicide Near Crest Lake Park