1. The iconic sunset spot between Frenchy’s Rockaway and the Palm Pavilion will be destroyed if city . About 50 years ago the pier was built, and over time the concrete has worn down and sand has covered up other areas of it. A poll asking if the pier should be saved or destroyed is essentially split.
2. The volunteer group that advises management and use of , black, wrought-iron style fence around the courtyard and front entrance of the . The City Council discusses funding the $72,000 project next week.
3. After two months of construction and , an upscale nightclub on U.S. 19, officially opened over the weekend. Boasting a chic interior filled with dark woods, glossy marble countertops, splashy colors and state-of-the-art electronics, the club aims to provide something managers believe is sorely lacking in this area.
4. Belleair mansion sold for $6.2 million on Friday, according to TBO.com. Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, had originally listed the 17,459-square foot-home overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway for $25 million in 2006. After multiple reductions, in November it was priced at $9 million.
5. Three days of music kicks off the 59th annual at Coachman Park April 20 which also features a running competition, disc golf tournament and a classic car show. The event started as a way to keep snowbirds around a little longer and features entertainment all can enjoy too.