1. Weather: Expect a glorious beach day. It should be mostly sunny with a high near 91 that feels more like 99, according to the National Weather Service. Don't worry we will keep you updated if Tropical Storm Ernesto gets close.
2. Volunteer: The Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary is for rehabilitation. Call Lisa Adams, at (352) 575-4376.
3. Government: Today is the deadline to turn in an application to be a member of Citizen's Academy. The 11 weeks of classes give an inside look at city government and different departments that help make it run. Want to see if you are one of the 20 class members who make the cut? It's really easy, just apply online here.
4. Clearwater Pickers: Make like Mike and Frank and find your own treasure at the starting at 9 a.m. at 2192 Swedish Drive, no. 20. There are no signs for the sale so make sure you have the right place before walking in.
5. Entertainment: Looking for something to do? Check out our or event calender. Feel free to add your own event if you see we are missing something.
*updated 9:53 a.m. Aug. 3, 2012