1. Expect a mostly sunny day with a high near 90, according to the National Weather Service. It should be a great day for the beach and later in the evening for the ball park as the Threshers start a four game series against the Jupiter Hammerheads at 6:30 p.m. at , 601 N Old Coachman Road.
2. After a brief discussion, city leaders unanimously approved creating a domestic partner registry. The City Council will vote once more on creating the registry at its June 7 meeting.
3. off at 5 p.m. at the , 423 Poinsettia Ave. The party features live music, food and drink specials and some other surprises. There also will be a raffle for two flat screen televisions with the proceeds going to benefit the .
4. Clearwater Police Officer Eliad Glenn watched numerous School students riding their bikes without helmets, according to a post on the police Facebook page. After seeing this, Glenn met with Karen Maldonado, a coordinator at AmeriCorps, and Tiffany Sabiel, of All Children's Hospital, and they came out to talk about bike safety and give out about 75 helmets Tuesday at the school. There also will be bicycle rodeo where students will be taught additional safety tips June 6.
5. Are you a Clearwater business owner? We really were on a tear for awhile getting the word out about the benefits of on Clearwater Patch. If you are a consumer make sure to your favorite businesses in our directory.