1. Sure it's Taco Tuesday. It is also the midst of Clearwater Beach Restaurant Week. Check out the special menus participating restaurants offer this week. Proceeds benefit the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and the Clearwater Beach Chamber of Commerce. Expect a partly sunny day with a high near 85 and a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms after 2 p.m., according to the National Weather Service.
2. Anticipate some traffic delays from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday as Gulf to Bay Blvd is going to be closed at to the overpass there. Make sure to give your say in the myus19plan.com surveys.
3. Welcome the Threshers as they start a six game homestand and take the field against the Dunedin Blue Jays at 7 p.m. at Bright House Field, 601 N Old Coachman Road. The Threshers trail the first place D-Jays in the Florida State League North standings. It's also $1 night, where tickets, drinks, hot dogs and other ball park essentials can be had for a buck.
4. Donate a bike to help the . is collecting bicycles throughout May to give to HEP, according to a post on its Facebook page. HEP has a full-time bike shop and can repair bikes in almost any condition. For many HEP residents, bicycling is the only means of transportation. Bring in bikes to the 'Patch,' 1225 Cleveland St and call customer service 727-443-6703, option 0 and someone will come out and pick it up.
5. Catch them while you can. Walker's Rising Stars 2012 scholarship candidates final competition is May 24 at Ruth Eckerd Hall. before attending the performances.
*updated 2:31 p.m. May 15, 2012