Like enjoying an ice cream cone, here are some other things to start the day:
1. This is what Florida is like in December. Expect fog early in the morning (before 7 a.m.) but a windy, partly sunny day with a high near 78, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Which should make for a good sunset, of the . After, former Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio talks about life, leadership and experiences from her book, "Straightforward: Ways to Live and Lead" at 7 p.m.
3. Or catch a classic flick in an old time movie house. A screening of "The Bishop's Wife," starring Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven is at 7:30 p.m. at the , 405 Cleveland St. But if music is more your thing, enjoy food from some of the area's finest restaurants and the soothing jazz sounds from Mindi Abair, Peter White and Kirk Whalum at 7:30 p.m. at , 1111 N McMullen Booth Road.
4. Although it is Tuesday, the City Council work session meeting is at 8:30 a.m. at , 112 S Osceola Ave. City leaders typically meet on a Monday with a corresponding council meeting on a Thursday. This week it's back to back, with leaders meeting again Wednesday at 6 p.m. If you can't make it downtown, you can always watch the meetings online.
5. Now is the best time as any to get fit. The Morton Plant Mease Health and Wellness fair is from 1 to 3 p.m. at the, 1501 Belcher Road. The event features health screenings, information about diseases, doctor referrals and volunteer opportunities.