Like a refreshing Rita's italian ice, here are some other things to start the day:
1. It sure seems like Spring and today it officially is. Expect a breezy, mostly sunny day with a high near 85, according to the National Weather Service. Celebrate warming weather with a free regular size, italian ice in the flavor of your choosing at Rita's.
2. Sure it's still months away, that doesn't mean we aren't looking forward to the 33rd annual Clearwater Jazz Holiday. To wet our jazz whistle, some performers already have been announced and what a lineup so far. Bonnie Raitt, Mindi Abair and The Avett Brothers are all scheduled to headline different nights of the four day festival Oct. 18 to 21 at .
3. Looking for something for the kids to do after school? Make props, learn lines and put on a show at the Kids Improv at 4 p.m. at the Countryside Library, 2741 State Road 580.
4. Eveyone knows there is no crying in baseball. While the Phillies are away playing the Orioles, catch a screening of A league of Their Own at 7 p.m. at the , 405 Cleveland St.
5. If you are enjoying Spring Break at the beach do it safely. There were at least four beach blanket thefts over the weekend, according to a post on the Clearwater Police Facebook page. All the items including mp3 players, wallets and cash were left unattended. "This is a crime of opportunity and if you leave valuables unattended, you might as well give them away," according to the post.