1. Don't let the threat of rain ruin your Expect a partly sunny day with a high near 83 and a 30 percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms, according to the National Weather Service. The two weeks of events kick off with a performance by Matt Nathanson at 5:30 p.m. at Coachman Park.
2. Help fight hunger in the Tampa Bay area. Clearwater Patch has partnered with Feeding America Tampa Bay in its Give-A-Ton food drive. We are trying to help collect 2,000 pounds of non-perishable food items: Here is a list of drop off boxes in Clearwater:
- , 701 Cleveland St.
- , 5300 East Bay Drive
- , 29399 U.S. 19 N., Suite 370
- , 423 Poinsettia Ave.
3. Think you are an expert on something? From food, to the environment, mass transit, religion, politics and the law Clearwater Patch Local Voices is a great place to share your thoughts. We .
4. Trying to cross off being in a flash mob from your bucket list? One of the biggest is looking to be bigger and you can help. The World's Largest Simultaneous Flashmob is taking place in 100 cities including Clearwater. Find out .
5. Use your picking green thumb at the plant sale this weekend. Everything must go and all plants are priced to sell starting at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at the club, 405 Seminole St.