Like tossing a fruitcake, here are some other things to start the day:
1. Grab that Florida-cold weather coat. Expect highs around 34 with the wind chill closer to 31, according to the National Weather Service. Officials expect it to get to freezing conditions at night, so it might also be a good idea to bring in sensitive plants.
2. ...Even in the cold it's never a bad time to fill up on the cheapest gas. Fill up for $3.19 for a gallon of regular unleaded at the according to tampagasprices.com.
3. If one of your New Year's resolutions was to help others, did you get a chance to check out our volunteer guide. Find out how to help out at places like the , , and .
4. ...And find out ways to stay healthy including information about diabetes, eating and managing stress at 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays (Jan. 4 through Jan. 25) at .
5. Seniors looking for insurance help including expert advice on Medicare, Medicaid and long-term planning should head over around 9 a.m. to the . Call 727-724-3070 for an appointment though.