1. It should be an ideal weekend to wash and wax the car then go check out some really sweet rides downtown as part of the . Expect a sunny weekend with highs in the mid-80s, according to the National Weather Service. There are a few other car shows this weekend through Pinellas County, check our events calendar to catch them all. If we are missing something please feel free to add it so other readers know too.
2. What a way to start the weekend. Celebrate Arbor Day with your choice of two trees including live oak, bald cypress and slash pine during at 9 a.m. at the Public Service Complex, 1650 N Arcturas Ave. Then spend the rest of the weekend planting and working in the yard to get your trees acclimated to their new home.
3. Aside from car shows and free trees, it's also Children's Book Day at the library. Check out the bilingual celebration which includes performer Boca Beth, crafts, a free book for children and a parade around the East Library at 2 p.m. Saturday at 2251 Drew St.
4. Don't forget to get rid of those old prescriptions during from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at , 27001 US Highway 19 N.
5. Of course we want you to enjoy the outdoors (if you can't tell that already) and what a better way than in one of the city's many parks. Many professional disc golfers, including national champ (and local) Ken Climo, . Play starts at 8 a.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday at N.E. Coachman Park, 1120 Old Coachman Road.