1. . Bring a new backpack donation to the 's Youth Services Department as part of a month-long Back-to-School Backpack drive.
- When: 1 p.m., Friday, Aug. 17
- Where: , 223 Douglas Ave., Dunedin
- How much: Free
2. . Watch the Threshers take on the Manatees this weekend. Bring in the Threshers coupon from Thursday's edition of the Tampa Bay Times and receive four tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas, and four bags of chips for just $25.
- When: 6:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 17
- Where: , 601 N Old Coachman Rd.
- How much: $5
3. . Like your coffee on the run? This race, which was previously called the Ace of Diamonds 5K, concludes with a java-themed party including coffee and coffee-inspired food from Javier Catering.
- When: 6:40 a.m., Sunday, Aug. 19
- Where: 401 N McMullen Booth Rd.
- How much: $20
4. . West Coast Players Theatre presents Oscar Wilde's comedy of mistaken identity, set in 1890s England.
- When: 2 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 19
- Where: , 21905 US Highway 19 N.
- How much: $16
5. . The Armed Forces History Museum is hosting Dog Day Sunday this weekend, where along with their Sizzling Summer Sunday reduced admission, guests will receive a free hot dog and set of authentic dog tags.
- When: 12 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 19
- Where: , 2050 34th Way, Largo
- How much: $10 adults, $5 youth ages 4-12