Patchington has held Trade-In events semi-annually for more than 15 years and has received more than 75,000 donations. It began at an all-store meeting, where employees discussed causes they supported and discovered that almost everyone in the room had been touched by domestic violence, either themselves or through a sister, mother or friend.
HOW IT WORKS:
* The Semi-Annual Trade-In allows customers to donate gently-used clothing and receive up to $25 off their purchases.
* The more you spend, the deeper the discount (e.g. spend up to $65, receive $10 off; spend $120 or more, get $25 off).
* Receive 10% off any accessory when you donate a new personal care item, like deodorant, toothpaste, etc.
* All donated items go to CASA’s thrift store, which helps fund CASA’s advocacy work.
* Tuesday, Feb. 19 through Monday, Feb. 25, 2013
* Patchington holds Trade-In events in each of its 22 Florida locations. Tampa Bay area locations include:
Clearwater (Belleair Bluffs) - 280 Indian Rocks Road
Clearwater (Countryside) - Northwood Plaza, 2520-A McMullen Booth Road
Sarasota (St. Armand’s Circle) - 386 St. Armand's Circle
Sarasota (Downtown) 1467 Main Street
St. Petersburg - Isla Del Sol Shopping Village, 5901 Sun Blvd.
Venice 136-138 West Venice Avenue