Pinellas County Schools is holding workshops in November to show parents how to apply for these programs. Magnet, fundamental and career academy programs are called “District Application Programs” because families must go through the district application process to apply for them.
Both of the upcoming workshops begin at 7 p.m. at the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday, Nov. 27, at Gibbs High, 850 34th St. S, St. Petersburg
- Thursday, Nov. 29, at Countryside High, 3000, State Road 580, Clearwater
After you learn how to apply, you can learn more about the programs at Information Fairs, which give parents and students a chance to talk with school representatives. One of these fairs at Pinellas Park High will showcase programs throughout the county. Another will showcase programs in south county:
- Districtwide Information Fair — 9 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Dec. 1, at Pinellas Park High
- South County Information Fair — 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 4, at Gibbs High
Mark your calendar for these important dates, too:
- Now-Feb. 15: Shadowing opportunities for eighth-grade students who are interested in specific application programs. Contact schools to set up opportunities.
- Dec. 3-Jan 17: Schools that offer these programs will also offer Discovery Nights, to provide more information to parents and students.
- Jan. 9-23: District Application Programs application period.
All of these events are important for parents who are interested in these programs and have children who will enter kindergarten through 10th grade next year. If you have questions about the process or upcoming events, call the Student Assignment office at (727) 588-6210.