The discovery was made Friday morning at Fire Station 49 on Sky Harbor Drive.
2. Florida Aquarium Official Warns Clearwater: Look Closely at the Numbers
Doug Montgomery, chairman of the Florida Aquarium, was cut short by the mayor while giving a presentation that criticized Clearwater Marine Aquarium visitor projections during a public hearing about the $160 million plan to redevelop the waterfront.
3. No More 'Popcorn' At Clearwater High Football Games
For the first time in four decades, Wendell "Popcorn" Casper, the man on the red scooter with the heavy wooden cane, will not be on the sidelines for football games at Jack White Stadium at Clearwater High School.
4. VIDEO: Hooters Girl Makes Foul Play on Fair Ball at Phillies Game
The Rays' Shelley Duncan was awarded a double after the ball girl fielded a fair ball and threw it into the stands.
5. No More Books as Paperback Palace Closes Doors
In an era of e-books, Kindles and e-readers, Tarry and Steve Schaffner decided to retire, recently shuttering the doors to Paperback Palace, home to nearly 100,000 paperback books.
6. Whole Foods Location: Spy Photo Shows Store's Split at Countryside Mall
A photo shared recently on Serendipity Cafe's Facebook page shows how the possible splitting of the Sears to wedge in the natural food grocery store at Westfield Countryside Mall would work.
7. 'Pigeon Drop' Scam at Clearwater Walmart?
Detectives say a woman pretended to be a Walmart employee and offered to split with a senior citizen a bag supposedly filled with $100,000 that she found.
8. Red Light Camera Violator of the Week: Red Light Rear Ending
A car is rear ended and pushed through the Belcher Road and Gulf to Bay Boulevard intersection, making Clearwater Police's latest Red Light Camera Violator of the Week.
Sign up for the free Clearwater Patch email newsletter to get our top headlines delivered straight to your inbox so you won't miss a thing!