Looking for something to do on New Year's Eve? Here are five ways to ring in the new year in Pinellas County.
1. Head to Clearwater Beach for a . Steven Spielberg and J.J. Abrams' Super 8 is playing at 6 p.m., and afterward you can grab a late dinner at the beach or head home to watch the ball drop. Beach towels, blankets and lawn chairs are welcome, but leave the alcohol at home. The movie is rated PG-13.
2. For more family fun, hit the in Largo. Show up at 1 p.m. to enter your dog ($5 registration fee), or arrive at 2 p.m. to watch the parade. There will be prizes for best costumed, best sit and stay on command, best trick, best smile, most handsome boy and prettiest girl.
3. Party the night away at . Open bar packages start at $69 and include party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. This year's party has a Las Vegas theme.
4. Celebrate the new year with . From 5 p.m. to midnight, close to 30 venues in downtown St. Petersburg will combine forces for a night of music, fireworks, games, dance and art. Admission buttons cost $12 for adults and $6 for children, and performers include local favorite Suite Caroline. This is a family-friendly event.
5. Catch in Treasure Island. The Club at Treasure Island will put down a see-through dancefloor over the pool, and there will also be ice sculptures, light shows and champagne. Tickets are $125, and a portion of proceeds benefit All Children's Hospital. The party starts at 9 p.m.
For even more options, here's a complete list of New Year's Eve events in Clearwater.