Just as you’ve put the hustle - and hassle - of the holiday season behind you, one of the biggest gift-giving days of the year is about to hit you smack dab on the lips.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. It's a time when restaurants, flower shops and candy stores go into overdrive to keep up with the demand of lovestruck customers everywhere.
Here’s a list of five spots in Clearwater where you can spend a romantic evening eating, drinking and enjoying the company of your loved one.
1. . After more than 25 years of serving Clearwater residents and visitors, Alfano's has become the go-to place for intimate Italian dining in the area. With a wide array of delicious dishes to choose from and a cozy atmosphere, Alfano's is an ideal spot for a romantic meal.
2. . The Beachcomber has been a Clearwater Beach institution since 1948, and it's a great place to take a date for a special meal. History, atmosphere, terrific food and a beach setting; what more could you want in a romantic dining spot?
3. . A new offering in the area, this chic Mediterranean restaurant boasts a stylish interior, an extensive wine list and a special Valentine's Day "Mod Med" menu, featuring Carmel's signature Mediterranean cuisine and select wines. This "Four Days of Love" deal runs from February 11-14.
4. The Lobster Pot. The landmark Redington Shores restaurant recently opened another location at 478 Mandalay Ave on Clearwater Beach. It features a martini lounge, live music and its signature savory lobster, steaks and seafood. The Lobster Pot is always a good choice for a special night out.
5. . Show your significant other that you appreciate the simpler things in life, like great wings, terrific scenery and a restaurant rich in tradition. The Original Hooters has just completed an extensive remodeling and will be reopening on Monday, just in time for Valentine's Day.