With another spring break season right around the corner, the Tampa Bay area will soon be flooded with college students, vacationing families, baseball fans and all sorts of people who just want to get away.
One of the biggest dilemmas for travelers during this time is where to stay; do you prefer a fancy resort, a smaller, more affordable hotel, or and intimate B&B or motel to spend your time in when you’re not out soaking up the rays and the sights?
Whatever type of accommodations you are searching for, Clearwater has a large variety of lodgings that could be just right for you.
Take a look at Patch’s five places to stay while visiting this side of Tampa Bay.
1. Resorts. There's no shortage of quality resorts in Clearwater, especially near the beach. , the Sheraton Sand Key and the are a few of the spots that combine all the amenites of an upscale hotel with the pleasure of being located right on the Gulf.
2. Hotels. A city the size of Clearwater is sure to have a large number of hotels, and if you visit our listings page, you will find quite a few options spread throughout the area. From the on the beach to the on Gulf to Bay to the on US 19, there are plenty of offerings from one end of the city to the other to accomodate you during your stay.
3. B&Bs. One type of lodging Clearwater doesn't have a whole lot of are bed and breakfasts. But a number of smaller motels, such as the on Clearwater Beach, have that intimate B&B appeal. There is a also a place just a few miles down Gulf Boulevard, the in Indian Rocks Beach, that's worth the extra drive if you truly crave that B&B experience.
4. RV Parks. Travelling to the Sunshine State by motor coach? No problem, as Clearwater has a couple of facilities that are sure to fit your RV needs. The Clearwater Travel Resort offers every amenity a road warrior could want, including a bathhouse, laundry facility, full hookups and free WiFi. Senior campers can check out the 55-and-up k on US 19.
5. Motels. Another type of lodging that is bountiful in this area, motels and small inns dot the city. Choose from art deco style spots on the beach like the , or . There are many choice, from the on the beach to the on US 19, check out our listings page to help choose the motel that is ideal for your traveling needs.