Carmel Café & Wine Bar continues to complement its Modern Mediterranean (Mod Med) cuisine and wine by introducing a new “five after 5 p.m.” offering of $5 glasses of wine and $5 flatbreads on Wednesday nights from 5 —7 p.m.
The five wine specials:
- Sangre de Toro—white (Parellada), Catalunya, Spain
- Villa Pozzii—Mosacto, Sicily, Italy
- Caposaldo—Pinot Grigio, Veneto, Italy
- A-Mano—Primitivo (Zinfindel), Puglia, Italy
- Sangre de Toro, red blend (Grenache & Carinena), Catalunya, Spain
The five flatbread specials:
- Seasonal flatbread with shrimp, mango, goat cheese and arugula
- Tomato Margherita topped with ripe plum tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, Parmesan Reggiano and fresh basil
- Grilled Lemon Chicken & Artichoke topped with arugula and parmesan
- Smoked Bacon & Artichoke topped with aged provolone and sundried tomato pesto
- Braised Short Rib & Portabello Mushroom topped with fontina and Mission fig marmalade
Mod Med, Carmel Café’s signature cuisine, represents a modern interpretation of foods and flavors traditionally associated with Mediterranean countries such as Italy, Spain, France, Greece and Morocco.
In addition to enjoying the Mod Med cuisine served exclusively at Carmel Café & Wine Bar restaurants, diners may choose from a global selection of wines designed to easily mix and match with the menu. Wines can also be customized according to serving size, with many available in three-, six- and nine-ounce pours or by the bottle.
The MenuPad app developed for Carmel Café enables guests to customize their dining experience using tableside iPads to review photos and descriptions of the dishes, control the timing of their dining experience and find the perfect wine pairings for their selections.
Carmel Café restaurants also offer a series of monthly wine dinners at both locations. Executive Chef Steve Cook pairs Mod Med dishes with wines from well known and specialty vineyards.
Both Carmel Café & Wine Bar locations are open for lunch 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. Dinner hours are 5 - 10 p.m. Monday - Thursday, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday and from 5 – 9 p.m. on Sunday. Both locations offer brunch from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Carmel Café & Wine Bar in Countryside is at 2548 McMullen Booth Road (Northwood Plaza) in Clearwater. Call 727-724-4228 for information or reservations.
The Carrollwood restaurant is at 14306 North Dale Mabry Highway (Landmark Plaza) in Tampa. For information or reservations, call 813-265-1415.