Doggy Date Night, Chalk Art and a Spoken Word night are some of the events the Skycrest Neighborhood Association has planned for Crest Lake Park.
Residents challenged themselves to come up with 30 days of events to have in Crest Lake Park as a way to invite people back to the public space.
The group scaled back the amount but would like to put on the series of four events from February until the end of April, said JoAnna Siskin, president of the Skycrest Neighbors Association.
The eclectic events are a way to attract a diverse audience to the park, she said.
“I’ve never been to something like the spoken word,” Siskin said. “I think that would be very interesting.”
Here is a list of the events the group hopes to hold:
1. Spoken word with a drum circle
2. Chalk art event
3. Doggy date night
4. Family board game night
“I’m excited,” Siskin said about the buzz surrounding support for Crest Lake Park. “It’s exciting that people are excited about it and people want to... they want to make it better. Make it a happy place to be and a fun place to be. And a place where people want to come. We’re taking the park back.”
- Skycrest Neighbors: Open the Bathrooms, Have More Events at Crest Lake Park
- How Can Crest Lake Park Be Improved?
- What Are Your Ideas for Fun at Crest Lake Park?
- Stabbing Sparks Question of Safety at Crest Lake Park
- What Clearwater's Saying: Safety at Crest Lake Park