Calling all tap dancers ages 12 to 18! Interested in performance opportunities?
Audition today for the Marcia P. Hoffman Institute at Ruth Eckerd Hall's Resident Youth Tap Dance Company and Rhythm and Sole Tap Ensemble 2012/13.
The Tap Ensemble's mission is to expand and promote the art form of tap dance!
Past performances have included:
- The ABC News Superbowl Tailgate Party
- Walt Disney World
- The Side by Side by Side Concert at Ruth Eckerd Hall
- The opening act for Maroon 5 at Ruth Eckerd Hall
- The Tap City Showcase at the Symphony Space Theater on Broadway.
Call now to sign up for auditions - 727-712-2706.
Here are the audition requirements:
- Dancers must be age 12 to 18
- Dancers must be prepared to perform a minimum 30 second accapella tap routine. Tap dancers must exhibit strong technique, musicality and stage presence.
- Tap dancers will also learn choreography during the audition process.
Classes begin September 11, 2012.
The Hoffman Institute’s own resident tap ensemble meets twice a week to study and rehearse for performance opportunities. The youth tap repertoire includes cutting-edge choreography in everything from classical jazz to musical theater, rhythm and funk.