Community members are trying once again to get a city park in North Greenwood named after community leader Rev. Walter C. Campbell.
Members of Clearwater's Parks and Recreation Advisory Board will ask city leaders to rename a park near the North Greenwood Recreation and Aquatics Complex to the Walter C. Campbell Sr. Park at the City Council meeting Nov. 15.
In April, board members were tasked to come up with three name options for the City Council to vote on in June. The names were:
- Walter C. Campbell Sr. Recreation and Aquatic Complex
- Walter C. Campbell Sr. Community Center
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Recreation Center
Officials wondered why the list of names also did not include keeping the North Greenwood moniker as an option when it came before the City Council in June.
This time around, board members were tasked to come up with five name options but they decided on just one.
What do you think the park should be named? Post a comment below.
- North Greenwood Recreation Complex Could be Renamed After Rev. Walter C. Campbell
- North Greenwood Name Remains