Water Heater to Blame for House Fire
A house on the 1300 block of North Madison Avenue caught on fire because of the water heater Wednesday morning, according to Clearwater Fire and Rescue officials.
A house on the 1300 block of North Madison Avenue caught fire because of the water heater Wednesday morning, according to Clearwater Fire and Rescue officials.
Neighbors in the Fairmont subdivision noticed smoke coming from the roof at the rear of the duplex at 1308 N Madison Ave at 9:56 a.m. and called 911.
It took firefighters 10 minutes to get the blaze under control. The front unit of the duplex sustained minor smoke damage, according to investigators.
A 53-year-old woman and three-year old boy were home sleeping when the fire started, according to investigators. They were able to evacuate uninjured. They were at a neighbors house when fire crews got to the scene.
They were checked out but refused medical treatment, officials said. Red Cross was contacted to help them.
Damages are estimated at $17,000.