Five Things to Know Today
Find out about the Habitat Young Leaders and Professionals, prepare for the Patch RV and more is going on in Clearwater Thursday (May 23).
1. Don't forget the sunscreen if you are outside today. Expect a mostly sunny day with a high near 89 and a 20 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m., according to the National Weather Service.
2. Are you a young leader or professional looking to give back? Find out about the Habitat Young Leaders and Professionals, a group that supports the mission of Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas, at 7:30 p.m. at Ceviche, 2930 Gulf to Bay Blvd. Become a member here.
3. We had a great time meeting people from around town and places far away while at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. We look forward to meeting even more of you Friday. We will be giving away coffee from 7 to 9 a.m. at Dunkin Donuts, 2551 Gulf to Bay Blvd. After picking up canned food we will be hanging for happy hour at Cooters, 423 Poinsettia Ave. Come in with canned food and we will hook you up with an appetizer at the Clearwater Beach watering hole.
4. Clearwater is home to some of the best beaches around. Have you let everyone know by voting in our Best Beach poll? It's also a good idea generator if you are trying to figure out where to go to spend time this Memorial Day weekend.
5. Already we have offered up some of the summer camps available through the city. There are so many more going on including the inaugural Enterprise Village Extreme Summer Camp from June 25-28 at the Gus A. Stavros Institute, 12100 Starkey Road in Largo. Children 10-12 years old who have completed 5th grade are eligible. Cost is $175.