Five Things to Know Today
Pet calendar contest, attain emotional freedom, beach volleyball is coming and more is going on in Clearwater Thursday (May 10).
1. Enjoy our Gulf coast weather. Expect a sunny day with a 30 percent chance of morning thunderstorms and a high near 83, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Energy psychotherapist Brenda Ball will talk about the emotional freedom technique, sometimes called tapping or psychological acupuncture, at 6:30 p.m. at Nature's Food Patch, 1225 Cleveland St. This powerful research-based self-help tool can be used on mental, emotional, and physical symptoms, as well as roadblocks to success.
3. Think your best friend would do well in a calendar contest? The 2013 Celebration of Companionship Humane Society of Pinellas calendar contest is underway. Enter the contest here and the top vote getters before Sept. 17 will be featured for their own month or maybe even on the cover.
4. If you are headed to the the beach this weekend, yes that is the USA Volleyball Florida "Dig the Beach" Tour going on. Dig it Saturday and Sunday at Beach Venue no. 3. Call 352-742-0080 or visit floridavollyball.org.
5. Congratulations to St. Petersburg College student Alistair Glover who was named to the USA Today top 20 students. Glover, 24, holds a 4.00 grade point average and hopes to pursue a career as a physician or humanitarian.