Five Things to Know Today
NFL draft day parties, future of the library meetings, Blast Friday, a blast from the past at the ball park and more is going on in Clearwater Friday (April 27).
1. It should be a good day for the NFL draft. Clearwater native Leonard Johnson is expected to be taken at some point over the next day or two, according to nfl.com. If your draft day party takes you outdoors (hopefully it does) expect a sunny day with a high near 85, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Library gate gets a little more discussion when the Public Arts Advisory Board meets at 2 p.m. at the Long Center, 1501 N Belcher Road. If you have an interest in helping plot the course of the future of the library check out these meetings:
- 3 p.m. at the Main Library, 100 N Osceola Ave
- 5 p.m. at the North Greenwood Library, 905 N Martin Luther King Jr. Ave
3. Watch those Auction Hunters and other types of shows? Live the reality at the Pinellas County Schools public auction Saturday at 8:30 a.m. This year, the items auctioned include three boats, large appliances, cafeteria equipment, office equipment, commercial lawn mowers, musical instruments, pianos, and school buses. All items are sold as-is.
4. Looking for a way to enjoy the outdoors tonight? It's 1970s night at the ball park as the Threshers take on the Daytona Cubs at 7 p.m. at Bright House Field, 601 N Old Coachman Road. Also, a special Fun 'N Sun installment of Blast Friday featuring a performace by Firefall starts at 5:30 p.m. along Cleveland Street downtown.
5. Turn in some canned food and help us Give-A-Ton to help the needy. fill those collection boxes at Anytime Fitness (in downtown), Amazon Animal Hospital, Eternal Cremations and Cooters Restaurant and Bar.
6. Also, today is the last day to take this online survey to help the county set the strategic direction residents want. Share your views about Pinellas County, the values you want reflected and your vision for the future.