Five Things to Know Today
Get ready for Valentine's Day, find out more about drinking water expansion and where the road work is in Clearwater Tuesday (Feb. 7).
Like enjoying some fresh-squeezed tangerine juice, here are some other things to start the day:
1. Maybe keep that umbrella close. Expect a sunny day with a slight chance of rain and a high near 81, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Downtown driver's should also use caution near Cleveland Street and Myrtle Avenue. The northbound lanes will be closed starting at 9 a.m. as crews work on the curbing at the intersection. Also, Rogers Street just east of Ft. Harrison is completely closed through Feb. 10 as crews replace the water main. Drivers can use Turner Street as a detour.
3. French-trained chef Rita Fabula gets you ready for Valentines Day. She leads a cooking class, "Dipped and Whipped" featuring recipes using chocolate and flavored creams at 1:30 p.m. at the Beach Library, 69 Bay Esplanade. The class is free but make sure to register. Call (727) 562-4970 or visit myclearwater.com/cpl
4. Have your say. The city is expanding its drinking water system and wants to hear residents' thoughts on the project. Come out from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the North Greenwood Recreation Center, 900 N Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
5. Living here, you know some of the best places to go eat, suntan and swim. Now, so can the rest of the world. Check out what locals and other voters have to say as the results of the Best of St. Petersburg/Clearwater survey was recently released.