Five Things to Know Today
A freshened fountain, Dinner: Impossible Live, movies and more is going on in Clearwater Friday (April 13).
Like staying awake on Friday the 13th, here are some other things to start the day:
1. Sure there might be some superstitious types scared of the day, however expect a mostly sunny day with a high near 82, according to the National Weather Service. There could also be some more smoke from the wildfires at the Florida-Georgia border.
2. Awhile back the pump motor burned out for the fountain in front of City Hall. It recently was replaced and Bayside Building Services came out to repair several leaks in the fountain at the same time. Crews set to work sandblasting, bonding, coating and refinishing the fountain with marquis bluestone in an aggregate finish, said Joelle Castelli, city spokeswoman. The cost for the work was $5,400.
3. Got American Picker fever? Find your treasure at a couple of estate sales at On Top of The World Friday and Saturday. And if you are planning a yard, garage or estate sale this weekend (or any other time) make sure to add it to our Events calendar to make sure other readers don't have to freestyle to find deals.
4. You've seen him on the Food Network hit show "Dinner: Impossible," now watch Chef Robert Irvine perform live at 8 p.m. at the the Capitol Theatre, 405 Cleveland St. Before going find out more about Irvine in this interview.
5. Make it movie night. Catch a screening of the award winning documentary Revenge of the Electric Car at 7 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalists of Clearwater, 2470 Nursery Road. Or check out the family-friendly comedy Johnny English Reborn at the Sunset Cinema at Pier 60.