Five Things to Know Today
Be part of a flash mob, donate to the Give-A-Ton food drive, Fun 'N Sun kicks off and more is going on in Clearwater Friday (April 20).
1. Don't let the threat of rain ruin your Fun 'N Sun "Day Off." Expect a partly sunny day with a high near 83 and a 30 percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms, according to the National Weather Service. The two weeks of events kick off with a performance by Matt Nathanson at 5:30 p.m. at Coachman Park.
2. Help fight hunger in the Tampa Bay area. Clearwater Patch has partnered with Feeding America Tampa Bay in its Give-A-Ton food drive. We are trying to help collect 2,000 pounds of non-perishable food items: Here is a list of drop off boxes in Clearwater:
- Anytime Fitness, 701 Cleveland St.
- Amazon Animal Hospital, 5300 East Bay Drive
- Eternal Cremations, 29399 U.S. 19 N., Suite 370
- Cooters Raw Bar & Restaurant, 423 Poinsettia Ave.
3. Think you are an expert on something? From food, to the environment, mass transit, religion, politics and the law Clearwater Patch Local Voices is a great place to share your thoughts. We always are looking to add more voices.
4. Trying to cross off being in a flash mob from your bucket list? One of the biggest is looking to be bigger and you can help. The World's Largest Simultaneous Flashmob is taking place in 100 cities including Clearwater. Find out more about it here.
5. Use your picking green thumb at the Clearwater Garden Club plant sale this weekend. Everything must go and all plants are priced to sell starting at 8:30 a.m. Saturday at the club, 405 Seminole St.