Five Things To Know This Weekend
Geneaology, Gregg Allman and more this weekend in Clearwater.
Like a large, syrup covered waffle, here are some other things to start the day:
1. Expect cooler weather this weekend. It should be sunny with highs in the low to mid 60s, according to the National Weather Service. So it should be a great chance to go bike riding or work around the house.
2. Peter Summers, president of the Pinellas Genealogy Society, talks about how to access ancestry information from the 1940 census at 10 a.m. Saturday (Jan. 14) at the Aging Well Center, 1501 N Belcher Road. The census data is scheduled for release in April.
3. Legendary musician Gregg Allman and his powerhouse band come to Clearwater as part of their tour for their latest release, "Low Country Blues." The concert start at 8 p.m. at Ruth Eckerd Hall, 1111 N McMullen Booth Road.
4. Looking to get ready to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day Monday. There are a few things this weekend. "Project Pride" features arts projects and a film screening about the civil rights leader at 2 p.m. Saturday at the East Library, 2251 Drew St. Also, a battle of the bands drumline extravaganza is at 4 p.m. Sunday at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg.
5. You got to see these “modern-day Houdinis.” Kevin and Cindy Spencer, named International Magicians of the Year, bring their show of dazzling illusions, drama, comedy and cliffhangers to Clearwater at 1 p.m. at Ruth Eckerd Hall, 1111 N McMullen Booth Road.