Five Things To Know This Weekend
Volleyball, baseball, softball and stuff aside from sports are going on in Clearwater through Feb. 26.
Like a Reuben from Pickles Plus Too (their last day is Sunday), here are some other things to start the weekend:
1. The thermometer might dip a bit but it should be great indoors or out. Expect sunny days with highs in the upper 60s this weekend, according to the National Weather Service.
2. ...So good luck to the 200 beach volleyball teams who have come in from across the East Coast to compete in the 2-on-2 "East End" beach volleyball tournament, some for prize money. The women’s open semis and finals are scheduled for Saturday and the men’s open semis and finals are Sunday near Pier 60.
3. Check out the Major League warms up at the Carpenter Complex and Bright House Field. Or watch some collegiate softball games all weekend as the USF Series swings into the Eddie C. Moore Complex, 2780 Drew St. Teams from all over the country are playing in the NFCA Leadoff Classic.
4. A special benefit is planned for Melissa Dohme at 4 p.m. Saturday at the American Legion Post 7, 1760 Turner St. If you can't make it but still want to help, a special "Foundation Benefit Fund for Melissa Dohme" fund is set up at Wells Fargo bank.
5. Decorate a cake for a cause. Youth, amateur and professional bakers are invited to compete in the "Pirates Around the Bay" cake decorating competition to benefit the Zonta Club of Pinellas County at 1 p.m. Sunday at Ruth Eckerd Hall, 1111 N McMullen Booth Road. The group works to prevent violence against women and human trafficking.