5 Things to Do This Weekend: July 6-July 8
Here are our picks for fun things to do this weekend in Clearwater. Have an idea of your own? Share it in the comments!
1. 2012 National Family Tennis Championship. The 2012 National Family Tennis Championships allow amateur players the opportunity to team up with their loved ones and earn the right to compete against similar family teams from across the country at the Waldorf Astoria in Naples from Sept. 6-10. A preliminary round will be held in Clearwater this weekend.
- When: Saturday morning, July 7
- Where: Henry L. McMullen Tennis Complex, 1000 Edenville Ave.
- How much: $95 per team
2. Rungo Dance Fitness Class. A high energy, intensity, and variety dance fitness class.
- When: Noon to 1 p.m., Saturday, July 7
- Where: 1969 Sunset Point Road
- How much: $8
3. Comedy: John J. Murray, Paul Voigt, and Joi Jakes. West Coast Players Theatre and Something Planet present the comedy of John J. Murray, Paul Voigt and Joi Jakes. Doors open at 8 p.m.
- When: 9 p.m., Saturday, July 7
- Where: West Coast Players Theatre, 21095 U.S. Highway 19 N
- How much: $10
4. First Friday Open Studio. On the first Friday of each month, the artists at Art Trysts Studio invite you to join them for an Open House. Meet the studio artists, view works by guest artists, watch art demos, and enjoy light refreshments.
- When: 4-8 p.m., Friday, July 6
- Where: Art Trysts Studio, 1190 Kapp Drive
- How much: Free
5. Zen Meditation. Need a relaxer? The second meditation session of the month features a first sitting meditation of 35 minutes followed by a few minutes of walking meditation known as kinhin and a second round of sitting meditation of 35 minutes. A dharma talk by Ken Rosen, the founder of the group and the senior student of Sensei Lawson Sachter, follows the second sitting.